What are cookies?
A cookie is a file or device that is downloaded to a user’s terminal equipment in order to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation. In other words, a file is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment, depending on the information they contain, and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to user.
Its main functions are:
- Keep track of users: when a user enters their username and password, a cookie is stored so that they do not have to be entering them for each page of the server. However, a cookie does not only identify a person, but a combination of computer-browser-user.
- Obtain information about the user’s browsing habits, and spyware attempts (spyware), by advertising agencies and others. This can cause privacy problems and is one of the reasons that cookies have their detractors.
There are different types of cookies depending, above all, on the purpose for which they are used, thus the following are distinguished, among others:
- Analysis cookies: these cookies are used to carry out an analysis of the behaviour and actions of the users of the website as well as for the creation of browsing profiles in order to make technical improvements in operation and service.
- Advertising cookies: allow efficient management of advertising spaces based on a series of criteria, for example, to verify whether the user has already had access to a news item or not in order to update it with a new one.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these cookies are responsible for storing information on the user’s own behaviour, focusing on their browsing habits. This allows user profiles to be established based on their behaviour and used to personalize the advertising presented.
If the user wishes to obtain more information about cookies, they can consult the following website http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
What type of cookies does this website use?
This website is using cookies that make it easier for the user to use and navigate through it, guarantee access to certain services, as well as improve the functional configuration of the website.
Specifically, this website uses the following cookies:
- Summary of Cookies
- Google Analytics
- Type: Analysis
- Session / Persistent: Persistent
- Own / Third Parties: Third parties
- Google Analytics
How to manage cookie settings?
In this section, there is a brief explanation of how to consult and configure the cookie system in relation to the most common or most used browsers by users.
In this sense, practically all browsers allow the user to obtain general information about the cookies installed on a web page, specifically to verify the existence of them,